Fund Development Director
TITLE: Fund Development Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
We are looking for a committed and results driven individual to join our team as our Fund Development Director. The role of the Development Director is to develop, execute, evaluate and continuously improve a strategic fund development and communications plan in collaboration with key staff and stakeholders to raise and grow vital funds to fulfill Safe Harbor’s vision of creating a safe and respectful community free of interpersonal violence.
Must be able to represent the mission, values and philosophy of Safe Harbor to employees, vendors, program participants and to the general public. Model and promote attitudes of non-violence, anti-oppression, inclusiveness, and power-sharing in all facets of position responsibilities, especially when working with community partners. Be an outspoken voice against violence against women and children, teen dating violence, sexual assault, rigid gender roles, and norms of masculinity within the community through conversation, trainings, social media, and one-on-one conversations.
- With the Executive Director, develop a strategic fundraising plan to significantly increase our portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation gifts.
- Research, create and maintain strategic relationships with individual and corporate donors
- Insure continuous improvement and compliance with acceptable fundraising principles as defined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Build and manage a comprehensive donor cultivation and stewardship program to strengthen and deepen relations between Safe Harbor and its donors
- Develop and execute new fundraising efforts, including social media and major gift campaigns as well as planned giving opportunities, to attract new donors and enhance support from existing donors
- Research, prepare and submit funding proposals on behalf of agency
- Manage Safe Harbor fundraising events, including but not limited to Men Who Cook.
- Facilitate Safe Harbor's Fund Development Committee and other committees or task forces as assigned
- Act as a valued team member by participating in meetings, and cooperating with all other Safe Harbor programs and employees to achieve agency goals.
- Oversee management and timely donor acknowledgements, donor files and records, including electronic records in donor database.
- Work in coordination with Director of Finance and Operations to implement and execute cross-department structures of accountability and assist in aspects of audit and compliance related to fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSE(S), CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field ideal; CFRE preferred
- Other: Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License, with reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGES AND SKILLS:
- Passion for Safe Harbor’s mission of serving those affected by domestic violence and sexual assault; and empowerment to live lives free of violence.
- Must be able to articulate vision for the future of the agency and inspire others to be involved through time, talent and treasure
- Minimum of five years’ nonprofit fund development and communications experience
- Successful track record in raising significant individual, corporate and foundation support electronic record keeping
- Experience with full range of fund development duties campaigns, budgetary knowledge and peer to peer fundraising
- Event planning experience
- Strategic thinking, motivated to keep current with changes in development
- Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively
- High professional standards with the ability to see the big picture and manage practical details.
- Excellent judgment, an ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a variety of settings with a commitment to and experience in working with people from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the issues of domestic violence and sexual assault preferred
Safe Harbor supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.